The project is for developing strategy for NRW reduction in Haridwar. This project is under JnNURM the Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD) and Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (MoHUPA) have launched a new project called Capacity Building for Urban Development (CBUD).
- Rapid assessment of present water supply status and in particular the operational regime of the water distribution system from the available data, reports and through a reconnoitre survey
- Establish an indicative current water account and the present services levels
- Prepare a gradual service improvement plan with the objective of achieving continuous pressurized water supply (24x7) in three years
- Prepare an indicative water distribution rehabilitation and strengthening plan including reducing Non–Revenue Water (NRW) and improving billing and collection system
- Estimate the Operations, maintenance and management needs for improving the water services including billing and collection of income.
- Evaluate the options of outsourcing the implementation of the project by outsourcing through a performance–based contract to private sector including the relative merits and risks
- Evaluate the requirement of single or multiple service providers for undertaking the implementation
- Present the study findings through power point presentation to all concerned stakeholders.
- Assist the stake holders in selecting the most appropriate option